Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform for deploying, building and managing services and applications through a global network of Microsoft data centers. Companies are moving data and applications to IaaS/PaaS environments to enjoy economic benefits of cloud computing. However using cloud computing is effective only when reliable defensive implementations are in place.
DataSunrise Database Security provides real-time database protection against outside and inside threats. It is an instance of multifunctional security software, all functions of which are controlled by a convenient unified interface.
- Data Protection and Firewall. Advanced SQL analysis algorithms enable to reveal any security policy violation. DataSunrise detects SQL injections and blocks other malicious queries.
- Audit function performs logging of user activity and changes made to the database. While auditing is used mostly for data breach investigations, monitoring helps to detect attempts of access rights abuse and other suspicious activities. Helps to comply with PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA.
- Dynamic and Static Data Masking features secure confidentiality of sensitive data by hiding selected tables from unwanted users. The function is useful when working with third-party developer companies that need partial access to the database.
- Sensitive Data Discovery helps to detect and find confidential data in your databases.
Creating a DataSunrise virtual machine on Microsoft Azure
1. To enter the Microsoft Azure portal, go to https://portal.azure.com/.
2. Enter your credential and sign in.
3. In order to create a new Virtual Machine, click the “New” node and type “datasunrise” into the search bar.
4. Select “DataSunrise Database Security Suite” and click the “Create” button. 5. Configure basic parameters:
- Assign a VM name
- Select the SSD or HDD disk type
- Assign a user name and password
- Create a new resource group or select from existing groups if you want to apply the same lifecycle, permissions and policies
- Select the VM server location
6. Choose the optimal size and other parameters according to your requirements and click Select. 7. Configure optional features.