DataSunrise Database Performance Monitoring for Apache Hive
For Hive performance assessment and troubleshooting, a DB developer may:
- Analyze the query logs. Unusual and redundunt developer queries can be easily detected.
- Examine query result log. The handy tool for searching for weak points in application behavior, in case its own logging is not enough for some reason.
- Inspect execution time of the query and study dynamics of query change in time.
- Process SQL query types (i.e. SELECT/INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE) and survey their execution frequency.
- Look at number of rows in UPDATE/SELECT/DELETE/INSERT SQL queries and a diagram demonstrating their change in time.
- Study the number of operations per second.
- Get general information on data volume transmitted and received by a database server.
- Explore other database functioning data.
Generally speaking, DataSunrise Database Performance Monitoring ensures clear visibility of Hive operations that makes troubleshooting easier and simplifies identification of vulnerabilities causing DBMS malfunctions.