DataSunrise Database Performance Monitoring for Hive
DataSunrise Data and Database Security Suite for Hive is a user-friendly practical solution that along with database security components can be used to monitor Hive operation. Generated information facilitates solving problems occurred during DBMS functioning and identifying vulnerabilities in a timely fashion, as well as serves as expedient means for application debugging and development.
For Hive performance assessment and troubleshooting, a DB developer may:
- Analyze query log. Redundant and unexpected by a developer queries can be easily detected.
- Examine query result log. The handy tool for searching for weak points in application behavior, in case its own logging is not enough for some reason, or it is not possible to add logging to an application.
- Inspect query execution time and study query change dynamics in time.
- Consider query types (i.e. INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE/SELECT) and survey their execution frequency.
- Look at number of rows in INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE/SELECT operations and a diagram demonstrating their change in time.
- Study the number of operations per second.
- Get general information on data volume transmitted and received by a server.
- Explore other database functioning data.
Generally speaking, DataSunrise Database Performance Monitoring ensures clear visibility of Hive operations that makes troubleshooting easier and simplifies identification of vulnerabilities causing DBMS malfunctions.