DataSunrise Data and Database Security for Amazon Redshift
DataSunrise Security Suite for Amazon Redshift secures and protects the database against hackers and insider threats. DataSunrise “understands” Redshift’s behavior and is capable to analyze its traffic. Here are some of the supported features:
- All user authentication methods: Kerberos, GSSAPI, SSPI, MD5, SHA256, RADIUS, Trust
- Processing of SSL-encrypted traffic
- Data analysis and storage of all query types, including specific replication queries and multiple queries
- Detailed processing of prepared operations, cursors and portals
- Full analysis and data collection on COPY operation. Binary and text formats are supported
- Traffic analysis considering asynchronous queries (Pipelining)
- Converting all PostgreSQL data types, including composite, range and enum types, from binary format to text
- Processing of DML/DDL operations in compliance with transactions, search paths and administrator queries
About Amazon Redshift
Redshift is a cloud storage service from Amazon.com Inc. Its heart is Redshift, a corporate-class RDBMS based on modified PostgreSQL 8.0.2. Redshift is optimized for business intelligence purposes, which assumes processing of complex queries and big data volumes.
Redshift’s high performance is achieved through a combination of MPP technology with column-based storage and extensive use of data compression.
Redshift managing is very easy: it takes a couple of minutes to create a database cluster or to increase database volume via dedicated AWS console. Most routine administrative operations (monitoring, maintenance, backup and security) are performed automatically.
Redshift has integrated data security features, such as encryption, cluster isolation mechanisms and logging of all API calls, connection attempts, queries and cluster modifications. Automatic backup and cluster state control mechanisms are used to increase fail-resistance. Redshift supports ODBC and JDBC standards for compatibility with various clients.