Introducing DataSunrise Database Regulatory Compliance Manager
DataSunrise Database Regulatory Compliance Manager – DDRCRecent years have seen the massive data breaches affecting hundreds of millions of people. As result, the legislators around the world are making the data protection requirements more stringent and introducing the new regulations and privacy requirements. Those regulations could be difficult to implement for organizations that must comply with national and international personal data protection legislation. The protection of personal data is a must for any company or organization today. DataSunrise is making the complicated things easier and simpler. That could be true even for such a complex need as compliance with strict national and international regulations. Users are expecting their database security provider to ensure automating compliance. Introducing new DataSunrise Compliance Manager, formally called DataSunrise Database Regulatory Compliance (DDRC). DDRC helps managing, automating and administrating the regulations such as GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA or SOX. DDRC is integrated with DataSunrise Database Security Suite to analyze the compliance, configure and apply security policies to protect the data in various SQL and non-SQL databases. DataSunrise enables configuring security policies and rules including dynamic data masking, data auditing, blocking an unauthorized access and preventing the SQL injections. Just in few simple steps user can select one or more regulations to be compliant with and execute on it right away. DataSunrise Data Discovery will automatically find the sensitive information to be protected and audited in accordance with the chosen regulations. The new security policies will be automated. DataSunrise Data Masking and Database Security will obfuscate sensitive data and/or and block suspicious and malicious queries to a database. Moreover, after users have successfully protected personal data they can set the frequency of automatic report generation. The following types of periodic reports will be generated:
- Audit report on sensitive data: a report on all queries to sensitive data.
- Security report on sensitive data: a report on all unauthorized queries and SQL injections to sensitive data.
- Operations error report on sensitive data: a report on failed operations with sensitive data.
- Go to the Compliance Manager in the left pane of the DataSunrise GUI.
- Set a Logical Name and the Database Instance you want compliant with the regulation of your choice. The Logical Name will be used as a prefix for your reference when creating Object Groups, Periodic Tasks, Rules&Reports.
- Specify a Database, Schema and Table so that DataSunrise could search for sensitive information. We’ve selected to protect Customers table from the Public schema of the New_DB database. If you don’t specify the Data Discovery Parameters your whole database(s) will be scanned to find sensitive data.
- Then set the Search Criteria. You can search by Standards or by Information Types. With DataSunrise you can be compliant with GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS, ISO27001. To be compliant with all existing data protection regulations you need to check all available regulation checkboxes. In the picture we opted to be compliant with the GDPR.
- Then set the Frequency of Discovering sensitive information. DataSunrise will be automatically retrieving newly added sensitive data at set intervals which could be even minutes. The Periodic Discovery feature finds new sensitive data and protects it. In the result your database(s) are protected 24/7 including newly added sensitive data.
- Then click “Next Step”.
Download free 30 days Trial