DataSunrise Data and Database Security for Greenplum
DataSunrise Security Suite for Greenplum databases. Analyzes all the traffic generated by various database functions. DataSunrise supports technologies used by Greenplum. Here are some of the features supported:
- All user authentication methods: Kerberos, GSSAPI, SSPI, MD5, SHA256, RADIUS, Trust.
- Processing of SSL-encrypted traffic.
- Analysis and storage (keeping) of data of all types of queries, including specific replications queries and multiple queries.
- Detailed processing of prepared operations, cursors and portals.
- Full analysis and data collection on COPY operation. Binary and text formats are supported.
- Traffic analysis considering Asynchronous queries (Pipelining)
- Ability to convert all Greenplum data types, including composite, range and enum types, from binary format to text.
- Processing of DML/DDL operations in compliance with transactions, search paths and administrator queries.
Greenplum version 4.2+.
Greenplum Database CE is a free DBMS specially developed for data warehouses. Greenplum is based on PostgreSQL with some changes made due to industry-specific requirements.
Greenplum is developed primarily for analytical processing of big data — its architecture is optimized for massive parallel processing (MPP) that enables Greenplum to complete tasks typical for commercial-grade analytical databases, such as sorting, aggregation, merging of large tables etc. Greenplum’s advanced query optimizer is specially developed for data processing on petabyte scale without hit on performance. Among other Greenplum benefits are low barrier to entry, high speed of data uploading and high level of commonality.