Greenplum Database Security & Data Security by DataSunrise
Greenplum Database Security Key Benefits:
- Support of user authentication protocols: Kerberos, MD5, SSPI,GSSAPI, RADIUS, SHA256, Trust.
- SSL-encrypted traffic processing.
- DML/DDL operations processing in compliance with search paths, transactions and administrator queries.
- Analysing and of data of all types of queries, including specific replications queries and multiple queries.
- Prepared cursors, operations, and portals processing.
- Tracking of COPY operations. Support of binary and text formats.
- Conversion of all Greenplum data types, including range, composite, and enum types, from binary format to text.
Greenplum Database CE is a free DBMS specially developed for data warehouses. Greenplum is based on PostgreSQL with some changes made due to industry-specific requirements.
Greenplum is developed primarily for analytical processing of big data — its architecture is optimized for massive parallel processing (MPP) that enables Greenplum to complete tasks typical for commercial-grade analytical databases, such as sorting, aggregation, merging of large tables etc. Greenplum’s advanced query optimizer is specially developed for data processing on petabyte scale without hit on performance. Among other Greenplum benefits are low barrier to entry, high speed of data uploading and high level of commonality.