DataSunrise Data and Database Security for PostgreSQL
DataSunrise Security Suite for PostgreSQL secures and protects PostgreSQL database from hackers and malicious insiders. DataSunrise understands PostgreSQL’s behavior and is able to analyze the traffic generated by various database functions. Here are some of the supported features:
- All user authentication methods: Kerberos, GSSAPI, SSPI, MD5, SHA256, RADIUS, Trust.
- Processing of SSL-encrypted traffic.
- Analyzing and storing data of all query types, including specific replications queries and multiple queries.
- Detailed processing of prepared operations, cursors and portals.
- Full analysis and data collection on COPY operation. Binary and text formats are supported.
- Traffic analysis considering asynchronous queries (Pipelining)
- Converting all PostgreSQL data types, including composite, range and enum types, from binary format to text.
- Processing of DML/DDL operations in compliance with transactions, search paths and administrator queries.
PostgreSQL versions 7.4-9.5.2.
PostgreSQL is free object-relational database management system developed by PostgreSQL Global Development Group. PostgreSQL is the most advanced open DBMS so it provides most of the features common for commercial-grade DBMSs: it supports transactions, subqueries, triggers, views, external keys, blockings and data consistency keeping mechanisms.
PostgreSQL supports user-defined data types, inheritance, rules and multi-version concurrency control. It can store high-volume binary objects such as images, audio and video files as well. PostgreSQL runs on all widespread operating systems including Linux, UNIX and Windows and is similar to other DBMSs (both open and proprietary) in terms of performance.
Due to its benefits, PostgreSQL is a real alternative to expensive proprietary DBMSs, that’s why it is widely employed by commercial companies, nonprofit organizations and government entities around the globe.