MariaDB Database Security & Data Security by DataSunrise
MariaDB Database Security Key Benefits:
- All main user authentication protocols;
- Processing of TLS and SSL-encrypted traffic;
- Processing of prepared statements and multi-statements;
- Multiresultsets processing;
- LOAD DATA and LOAD XML operations processing;
- Binary-to-text conversion;
- System and user-defined variables tracking.
MariaDB is a relational database management system based on MySQL RDBMS. MariaDB is being developed by MariaDB Corporation Ab and MariaDB Foundation.
MariaDB is free, open-source RDBMS so it doesn’t contain any closed modules or components, as MySQL does. But at the same time it offers most technologies of “closed” MySQL Enterprise Edition.
In addition to standard MySQL database engines, MariaDB features extra data storage systems (Aria, foremost).
MariaDB developers tend to achieve maximum compatibility with MySQL, so migration from MySQL to MariaDB is easy and seamless.