DataSunrise Database Firewall for MariaDB
MariaDB firewall by DataSunrise is your guardian against hackers and malicious insiders. Based on effective threat detection and elimination algorithms, the tool immediately notifies the firewall administrator of any suspicious activity and security breach attempts, blocks SQL injections and controls access to Maria DB. The tool does not keep any passwords or any confidential information.
MariaDB firewall by DataSunrise is a high performance solution for real-time protection of production databases from outside and inside threats. It screens and filters incoming and outgoing traffic and blocks requests that meet forbidden security rules. It stops hacker attacks, prevents intentional and unintentional data leaks and detects data breach preparations in advance. From a business perspective the firewall not only ensures the proper level of business data security, it also helps enterprises to stay compliant with regulatory requirements.
Deployed in proxy mode the firewall resides between database and clients and provides real-time tracking of user activity and changes made to database tables. It audits, logs and filter all queries. Filtering decisions are made based on administrator-defined rules.
SQL Injection is one of the most exploited database security vulnerability. Scanning of traffic along with advanced detection and blocking mechanisms allows MariaDB firewall by DataSunrise to capture SQL injections in real time. The firewall blocks the following SQL Injection techniques:
- Union Exploitation Technique
- Boolean Exploitation Technique
- Out of band Exploitation technique
- Time delay Exploitation technique
- Automated Exploitation
Rule conditions include the following parameters:
- type, instance and name of the target database;
- whether queries came from a certain client application;
- whether intercepted queries contain certain SQL statements;
- whether queries contain signs of SQL injection (OR and UNION statements, comments, double queries, constant expression, keyword in comments);
- whether queries are directed to certain database elements (schemas, tables, columns, stored procedures).
Among supported features there are:
- All main user authentication methods
- Processing of SSL and TLS-encrypted traffic
- Processing of prepared statements and multi-statements
- Multiresultsets processing
- Processing of LOAD XML and LOAD DATA operations
- Convertation of binary data into text format
- Tracking of system and user-defined variables
DataSunrise Database Firewall runs on Windows and Linux and supports MariaDB 5.5.