DataSunrise Database Audit for Amazon Redshift
Amazon Redshift data audit solution by DataSunrise is a simple to use but yet very powerful database activity monitoring tool that doesn’t cripple database productivity. The utility performs some essential functions:
- Tracking and logging events that occur on the database engine.
- Detecting suspicious activities, attempts of user passwords hacking and revealing outside and inside threats.
- Detecting system malfunctions and software errors.
- Assisting to comply with standards of regulatory agencies such as PCI DSS, SOX and HIPAA.
- Revealing potential vulnerabilities in data storage system in order to prevent data breaches.
The DataSunrise Amazon Redshift Audit component collects the following data:
- Session information, including user names, host names, session duration time, client applications the queries came from, etc;
- SQL codes of overridden queries;
- Errors occurred in the database;
- Target database data;
Results of Amazon Redshift data audit can be stored in built-in database or exported to external SIEM-system that will provide real-time analysis of security alerts comparing it with up-to-date database of threats.
Among other advantages, DataSunrise uses intelligent self-learning algorithms that create a whitelist of transactions considered as “safe” for users of a corresponding department in order to simplify the process of query inspection and prevent false triggering of a firewall. More detailed information about monitoring feature is available here.
Amazon Redshift data audit solution by DataSunrise is a comprehensive software designed to automate the complete process of conducting and documenting Amazon Redshift audit. Without architecture changes, downtime and expensive hardware it provides high-quality protection from both inside and outside threats. DataSunrise Amazon Redshift Audit will be a valuable part of your database security system.